When the first time I heard about Mineral Make Up
“What is that?” It’s all I can ask to myself
It just another new things that I learned while joined the Fashionesedaily (FD) Forum. But, it just such a new things for me, never heard about it once, till I joined this forum.
From www.webmd.com, mineral make up are products made of all natural, finely ground minerals from earth, without any of chemicals, dyes, and preservatives found in traditional make up. The main ingredients are minerals such as mica, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and sometimes it contain bismuth oxychloride1.
Some might say that mineral make up just another way of cosmetic branding, while the product is not too different with traditional make up. But somehow, because of mineral make up doesn’t contain any chemical, dyes, and preservatives make this make up less ‘irritant’ than the traditional one.
The products of mineral make up are foundation, eye shadow, blush on, and finishing powder, but there’s also some brand that made lip gloss.
In www.cielminerals.com , they say that mineral make up, especially the foundation makes you look and feel much more natural, without sacrificing any of the coverage. It smoothes and evens out skin tone, giving the look of naturally, flawless skin, rather than the look of a thick mask of traditional liquid foundation. Other than that, it’s non-comedogenic2, anti inflammatory3, stays on all day long4.
The first brand of mineral make up that I knew was Ciel Minerals. The product was made by Ciel or Chris who is one of the FD forum’s member, Indonesian that currently living in United States. She’s promoting her product through this forum and somehow the member reaction is quite positive, they really curious about mineral make up product.
Mineral Foundation and Concealer
[taken by Canon EOS 400D]
Mineral make up products are not available to get in Indonesia and not many who knows about it, but in United States you can pick mineral make up from many brands. These are several brand of mineral make up in United States:
- Alima www.alimacosmetic.com
- Everyday Minerals www.everydayminerals.com
- Lumiere www.lumierecosmetics.com
- Bare Minerals www.bareminerals.com
- Bare Escentual www.bareescentuals.com
There’s special way to apply this kind of makeup, here’s the step-by-step application from www.cielminerals.com
- Tap a small amount of minerals into lid and swirl your brush into it
- Tap the brush head and allow excess to fall in to the lid. You should not see minerals on the brush head.
- Firmly apply powder on clean, dry, moisturized skin to evenly blend the pigments. Buff in circular motion and do this several times until the desired result achieved.
- For blemishes, use concealer brush to apply small amount of the foundation to the problem area and blend well.
When applying this minerals, the brand suggesting kabuki brush, flat top brush, or other powder brush which bold and fluffy.
Mineral Sample Size
[taken by Canon EOS 400D]
Review corner!
In my opinion, mineral make up is such a relief, what a nice invention from the women out there. When the first time I use mineral make up –with sample size I have from Ciel Minerals (CM)- I guess I couldn’t believe myself that a-look-alike loose powder have the kind coverage than liquid foundation have. And what I like the most about this mineral make up is the feeling to the skin, so light, sheer, and not cakey like the traditional foundation. Somehow, it’s not as perfect as the liquid foundation, but mineral make up is the kind of makeup that good for everyday use.
But, above all other things, it’s quite hard to find the perfect shade. As in CM, when I used the sample, I had the feeling that medium full coverage was the closest shade for my skin, but somehow it makes my skin look darker. Well, I’ve got no idea what is the cause, but I think it’s because CM is not suitable for yellow skin tone, it’ll match with cool tone (bluish) and neutral. That’s my conclusion, but CM answer, maybe it has something to do with the moisturizer that I have which made CM dioxide.
Well, I still have found an answer for that, while I found that Mineral Foundation from Lumiere in Light Medium Golden (Veena Velvet) suitable with my skin tone. It makes my skin look glower.
Besides that, one thing that I really…really don’t like about this mineral make up, that it isn’t practical. You can’t have touch up everywhere just like compact powder does and when you are applying this mineral make up you just can’t stand the mesh!
The blusher is nice, it makes you check blush naturally, but again…again…again…I hate the mesh after I put this on my cheek!
Is there any breakthrough to make this mineral more easy use??
Source:
www.wedmd.com
www.cielminerals.com


Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar